Thursday, April 7, 2011

In the Pink - Daily Photo 97/365

The past couple weeks I've been thinking a lot about this Daily Photo Project.  It's hard to believe that we're 97 days into 2011 already, but I wouldn't have noticed that if I'd not been pursuing this project.





This project has been a struggle and I'm only about 25% into it.  For someone like me, to whom creativity doesn't come easily, I find myself toying with dropping the project...every single day.






But I don't want to be a quitter.
So what is good about this project?







Discipline would have to be the first thing on the "good" list.
My technical skills with my camera are improving.






It's forcing me to venture out each day and to look at things, really look at things, in order to see their photographic potential.







Part of me is frustrated because it seems that I'm drawn to the same thing every day for a week or two, then I move on to something different.
Today though, it's not so frustrating.  Why?
Because what I'm drawn to are the amazingly beautiful evidences of spring - new life - and it should be capture me every day.  It should be just as breath-taking today as it was yesterday.
The beauty doesn't fade, it just changes into a different beauty.  And if it's something that doesn't change I still want to catch my breath when I see it.  The beauty of God's creation is impossible for me to articulate and the day that it no longer captures me is a sad day.




So if you find yourself bored with my pictures thinking to yourself, "that again?" maybe it's time to stop and shake off the trappings of the everyday and and once again bask in the newness of each day that God has given us. 

No comments: